Friday, June 02, 2006

Moving Day

Tonight at midnight, we are outta here. Our little meeting today with the landlady didn't go so well. After a 20 minute discourse on fraternal love, the spirit of the place, and how wonderful we all are (me in particular), we were told, in no uncertain terms, to "disoccupy" the apartment as soon as possible.

So today was spent (after the crying ended, I'm not saying who) packing up and looking for a new place.

This last night we're going to eat everything in the fridge, kvetch to our friends, and say goodbye to our lovely but humble first home in Bogota. There are too many chochkies on these walls anyway, too many roses, and too many people concerned with how we choose to live. We're not exactly living alternative lifestyles here, either, so it's hard to understand what happened.

The rug was swept out from under us today, so I decided not to confess the little spill we had on it at our last party. That sums it up for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Talk about a left-handed complement: how wonderful you are, get out. I'm sure there some crazy metaphor in this, but I just hope you find a place to live!