Tuesday, February 27, 2007

To my Reader

I think part of my share of the bounty is just lost. And I kind of like that.




The real reason why no one reads your (my) blog.


Ever wonder why the traffic to your blog is so terrible? I too am concerned about increasing my readership, so I decided to gather some information to help me decipher why my traffic sucks.

What I found wasn’t encouraging.

Consider the following facts:



16% of the world’s population is illiterate, which leaves only 840 million readers.

Of that, only 20% of the world’s population speaks English, leaving 168 million readers.

Only 30% of internet users read blogs, leaving 50 million readers.

50 million people, sounds like a lot right? Wrong!


That’s pretty simple math, 50 million blogs for 50 million readers.

Therefore, with an average of only 1 reader per blog, then who’s reading your blog?

That’s right, just you. Depressing, ain’t it?
 powered by clipmarks

2 comments:

Slim said...

I read it too Silly... :o)

Unknown said...

I posted your blog down by a demonstration poster. I think that guy that got off the bus read it. But he didn't seem to know English, only Albanian.

Maybe I should have read it instead?