Saturday, March 17, 2007

inspiration and action

"Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action." -- Walter Anderson

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing. Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action. ~Frank Tibolt

So. Action.

Between midterms and planning the rest of my life (now there's a concept -- see Plan B, This American Life) I've been busy lately. But yesterday was spent in the garden, where I'm happier than most anywhere else. It's an anxious, can't wait to finish but I hope it never ends, kind of happy. I'm a never-satisfied, what can I say? All I know is that a beer and a trowel go a long way. A chainsaw-bearing man doesn't hurt either, although combining it with the beer is questionable.

Other people's remodeling trials and tribulations being fascinating, just fascinating, here are some before/after photos from our current obsession.
Dining Room Before (above) and After (below)

Living Room after paint job:

The Monday Morning Special wall collapse:
The culprit:
Making progress:

Next stop: the backyard
(Thank you, Jose, for your parking lot inspiration.
Sadly, the artist dreams alone, and that particular vision will never be realized.)

No comments: