Wednesday, April 18, 2007

ride a bike

"The bicycle should always be the vehicle of novelists and poets."
- Christopher Morley, novelist, and writer

"Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel... the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood."
- Susan B. Anthony

Yesterday I almost beat the bus home, taking back roads. Earlier on my ride I took it slow, riding with traffic downtown. I love how riding a bike is so many things to so many people, including the half-dozen or so humming around inside of me. I'm grateful I took this internship. I just needed a little push to hop on my gorgeous blue bike and get to work. Makes me feel so alive! And that's what I've got to figure this whole spinning thing is about, if it's "about" anything at all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't remember who said it, but he or she said that unless a time machine was made like a bicycle, it wouldn't be a trip worth remembering.