Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Photos

Thought I'd share a few pictures Josh took while he was here. This first set is of the Botanical Gardens, one of my favorite places in the city...sure I've said this before, and I'll probably say it again.



After the gardens, we walked to the central park, Simon Bolivar, where we found a great running trail that I've been using regularly since then. We watched these two patiently watching a bird feed for a very long time.



To round out the day, we hiked over to the Virgilio Barco library, which you've also heard me talk about, um, let's just say more than once. I had to do a bit of fast talking to prevent the guard stationed atop the library's snail-like roof from erasing all of Josh's photos! We agreed (vaguely) to go get the required permit downstairs, which the guard assured me was nothing really, then reasoned that if it was nothing, really, there was no good reason to get it. As far as I can tell the librarys roof's security wasn't compromised (much).

No comments: