Thursday, July 27, 2006

Wailing Willie

I've always been not-so-secretly fond of Willie Nelson, but Monday night's concert was just heaven, both for the music and other reasons I'll hold close to my heart.

Tomorrow a plane will cart a somewhat unwilling me back to Bogota, a place I love that's missing one vital thing, but which has all those things Atlanta is missing, namely, density, frequent and integrated public transportation, and park space. But it's that one thing that I know will call me back here, just as surely as I know I have to get on that plane tomorrow.

-------------------

Even if you don't believe in astrology, and I'm not sure it requires belief, the Free Will Horoscopes are worth reading. Think of the author as a wise old aunt with an exceptional feel for pop culture, and who can sometimes guess what you're thinking.

Here's mine for this week. I'll be trying to remember it today.

Taurus Horoscope for week of July 27, 2006

Verticle Oracle card Taurus (April 20-May 20)
"One morning I came upon a small demonstration on a street corner," wrote Sparrow in The Sun. "Several men were holding signs that said BRING BACK DUSK, and shouting, 'Dusk! Give us dusk!' 'But dusk will come again this evening,' I pointed out to one of them. 'We don’t care,' he replied, with a wild look. 'We want it now!'" If and when you become impatient in the coming week, Taurus, remember Sparrow's story. Progress will proceed at its own pace, not yours. The peaches will ripen when they are ready, not necessarily when you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viajes bien y con seguridad y felicidad.

RC said...

gracias!