Saturday, November 25, 2006

Atlanta!

In the Times: Atlanta among top five cities in attracting 24-35 year olds.
They are people who, demographers say, are likely to choose a location before finding a job. They like downtown living, public transportation and plenty of entertainment options. They view diversity and tolerance as marks of sophistication.

Good news for the Beltline, and for commuter rail. Of course, Charlotte is out in front of us. But have you been to Charlotte lately? I have flashbacks to my college days when I accidentally wandered into the khakied business school section of campus. Scary. When I'm in Charlotte, I feel a strange lightness inside. Then I get home to Atlanta and realize it was the soul being sucked out of me. I know, subtlety is not my strong point.

No comments: