Friday, November 24, 2006

a new low in the job hunt

seen while haunting craigslist's job board:
SHADOWLAND: The Publication of Terror and the Supernatural" is again open to submissions of: (1) Short Stories (2) Poetry (3) Art (black and white only)

Guidelines: Horror, Science Fiction, Fantasy (preferably in a classic or retro style-- classic Universal, Hammer, Harryhausen, Rod Serling, Hitchcock, H.G. Wells, Edgar Rice Burroughs). Would like to see traditional themes-- ghosts, werewolves, time travel, prehistoric monsters, aliens, zombies, wizards/witches, vampires, sea monsters and so forth.
You know, maybe I've been limiting my writing unnecessarily by avoiding those "traditional themes." Coming soon to this blog: a nice, old-fashioned zombie story. I did have a dream the other night that zombies had moved in to the Buckmaster residence without my dad noticing. They had set up huge wooden boxes angled at 45 degrees out in the front yard in the places where my brother spent his childhood digging holes. Dad mostly noticed those when he went to cut the grass, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised he hasn't picked up on the zombie presence.

No comments: