Saturday, November 18, 2006

weighing in

best. dailyshowclip. ever. (I know, I'll probably say that about the next one I see, t00)

still sick-ly. saw an excellent movie last night: Machuca, about Chile in 1978 through the eyes of two boys from opposite backgrounds who become friends.

at the clinic the other night, where they gave me a shot in the ass but did not test for malaria, just looked at me like I was crazy for suggesting it, no matter how many times I repeated, but I've been in Uraba...the nurse guessed my weight. she was about 20 pounds short, which I can't say I minded, but then I got home, ran out of clean clothes and realized she wasn't as far off as she would have been pre-6 hour hiking days. so I'm looking a bit urchin-like since everyone else in Colombia, seemingly wears their pants pressed on.

back to the couch I am. went to the library for some brain food but they couldn't find the books I wanted. is it just me, or does my favorite library in Colombia specialize in making it nearly impossible to view or check out books? something about the top-story cafeteria makes up for it though. the only place I can read in Spanish.

No comments: