Thursday, September 14, 2006

Ann Richards died last night

It's a funny thing, the way some people we've never met can feel like old friends. Sometimes it's an author whose books we've read and re-read. Other times a public figure like Ann Richards, with her Southern aphorisms and steely wit, will insinuate themselves into our consciousness and become people that matter, without ever having exchanged a word or a glance, or a handshake, the politician's bread and butter. She was one special lady. NYT Obit

Ann Richards quotes. I really identified with this one:
“I have always had the feeling I could do anything and my dad told me I could. I was in college before I found out he might be wrong.”

Another good quote:
"They blame the low income women for ruining the country because they are staying home with their children and not going out to work. They blame the middle income women for ruining the country because they go out to work and do not stay home to take care of their children."

No comments: