Saturday, September 30, 2006

the Tubernet

Jon Stewart: a lot of people don't know this, but the Internet is NOT a dump truck. Why didn't I think of searching for my baby daddy, ahem, I mean Jon Stewart, on youtube? And why am I so wide awake at 1 AM?

Answer: last night's "indigenous party," hosted by the Nasa I think. I drank chicha and made people laugh with my tall, tall dancing ways until 5 am Saturday. (Aside: one of the party-goers, a Wayu I think, kept asking why I wasn't an anthropologist. "But everyone here is either indigenous or an anthropologist," he repeated.)

I love coming home when the birds are coming up. One night last week I stayed up all night just because. Ah, the things I'll miss when I go back to having things like, I don't know, an actual job and a real live relationship, as opposed to one conducted almost exclusively over the tubes that make up the Internet (see clip above).

No comments: